Monday, September 3, 2012

Chicago trip part I


Finally the post you have all been waiting for
I sincerely apologize for the beyond delayed timing
>we are still waiting on internet in our apartment<
so I’m writing this from Ryan’s couch

Being able to go home for two weeks was beyond amazing
I am so thankful for my family and friends
I have one of the best support groups in the entire world … and I am SO thankful

The two weeks that I spent at home was pretty much the best part of my summer
There is just something about that place
Not matter what … it always just makes me feel amazing
Filling me with comfort and happiness

Walking out of the air port through those sliding doors, the humidity hit me like wave
After spending 6 months in the dessert with nothing but dry heat, the moister that fit my face and filled my lungs felt heavenly

Unfortunately, I had to turn down my opportunity to go to the last day of lola
{for free}
But I only had two weeks and I wanted to spend as much time with family as I could

I think in total I ate probably 5 pounds of deep dish pizza and Chinese food.
I enjoyed every ounce of it

Laying by the pool with my beautiful mommy and just having girl time
The thing I miss the most is just being in her presence
She makes me strive to be so much better, achieve and move forward, keep pushing and never give up
She is one of the strongest most beautiful women in the entire world
There is something about a mothers smile, touch, kiss, and smell that seems to make everything disappear

I also learned who my true friends are.
This was a bit of a hard lesson to learn … but I’m glad I did
I may not have a ton of friends, but I know that the ones that I do have will always have my back no matter what
and for that I am for ever thankful

{super sorry about this next part}
Stay turned for a picture reel of my trip

Love Always <3
Lexi


Belt: Moms closet    Dress:Ross (thanks mommy you're the best!)  Purse:Mommy's (vintage thrifting) 
Jewelry: Premiere Jewelry (a line that my mommy sells)   Shoes: Aldo's  



No comments: