Friday, February 8, 2013

girl talk ... ?


Alright my beauty buffs
I am usually not someone who would do this type of thing 
but I feel something needs to be said
 I will be the first to say I love love love all those silly little magazines
[you know the ones that are mostly filled with advertisements and gossip]
I get them to look at the pictures for fashion inspiration
I do sometimes actually read the articles though
I don't know if many of you have 
but some of the
... are total bull ...
I think that it is kind of funny that some of the writers are getting paid bucket loads to tell us common knowledge 
and then we act like we have never heard or thought about it because
and that it is genius
Time to wise up a little ladies 
       
Before I give you my example 
I first want to say that I love Lauren Conrad 
and I think that she is a very talented young designer and business woman
However, she came out with an article 
{found on her web site}
That stated 
 "Try not to use straws (and definitely do not smoke). Pursing your lips constantly will cause micro lines to become serious crevices." 
-Lauren Conrad
Really?!  
While we are at it ...
no smiling. it causes wrinkles by your eyes
no facial expressions. unnecessary movement of the face in repetitive motions causes wrinkles
  
The rest of the article talks about a few other things
 to help keep you beautiful ...
drink water
get lots of sleep
moisturize you skin 
wear sun tan lotion
Let's be honest
Do we really need to pay people to tell us to do these things
I'm pretty sure we can figure them out on our own
I don't know 
Maybe it's just me
but I find it a bit ridiculous some of the malarkie that we are fed
and that most woman tend to believe 
 
I apologize if this post offended anyone 
but I had to get it off my chest
{and trust me I was really holding back}
Ladies
You are a beautiful creation from God 
Have confidence in who you are because
 you are perfectly made

Love Always
Lexi
   
    
                


No comments: