Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When One Door Closes Another Opens

Well my dearies 
It is coming to the end of my first semester of my sophomore year
It feels like it's been 10 years since I graduated high school

Looking back I feel like college is going to take foreeeeVer
>for full affect pronounce forever as done in sand lot<
but looking forward I'm afraid it is going far too fast

Next semester I have a few more gen eds 
and then on to the fun stuff
Graphic Design
{I have a lot of work to learn all these technology gadgets and what not}

Tomorrow I have
two presentations and turn in a paper
... and then packing!! ... 

I know what you're thinking.
And I will have you know that every time I go home I take only one carry on bag
[that is VERY impressive my friends]
This trip home I need to pack even lighter though
mostly because more than half of my suite case will be filled with Santa gifts

Any who I am SOOO excited to go home and see my friends
It's crazy too though
In college the start of each semester is kind of like freshman year of high school all over again

You kind of have an idea of what you're doing
but not really
You have totally new classes with all new people
Some of your friends transfer or move
All new people and professors

... I don't know maybe it's just me ...

Cedar is getting colder now
I woke up this morning at 6 am

It was dark outside still.
not just any kind of dark but straight up night time dark
I even saw a garbage truck on the way too school
that's when you know you are up far to early

Walking to my car I could smell the pines coming off the mountain
Driving to school with my lip stick stained coffee cup and jammin to some 
Going to take a stats exam was just about the last thing I wanted to be doing
BUT
I think I did pretty good so I'm fairly happy

I even made some new friends with the cowboys that sit in the back of the room
We studied in the library together and decided
in honor of the last day of class
We would all wear our western wear
[well they would wear their real stuff and I'de be a poser]
It was still fun


After a long day of studying and editing 
I finally got some down time
here's my snack

Orange Julius with nutella on homemade bread ... yummmmm
*Thanks for sharing Blair*


Tomorrow is our pole Holiday show

If I were to tell you I'm not nervous
I'de be fibbing
More than half of my routine is improv 
So fingers crossed that my hands don't sweat and it looks somewhat decent

                 


a few tricks i'll do in my routine



no pain no game ... you can see the pole in my bruise!
if that's not baller I don't know what is
{it's behind my knee for those of you who are stuggling}



And in honor of the cold weather
and my pinterest addiction
Who doesn't love boots sweaters and scarves?! 
Jeans: BOOM BOOM  found here Scarf: super old Urban {Similar here} Sweater: Mom's Closet [I believe it's GAP .. similar looks here or hereBoots: Juicy Couture found here {Similar here}


'Tis the season 

Good luck everyone on the rest of your finals

Love Always, 
Lexi


> PS <
... anyone in cedar looking to celebrate the end of the semester hit me up ...














No comments: