Thursday, February 9, 2012

the journey

I probably will break this story up into a bunch of posts but I figured I would get started. Let's start with the basics. 


I was born in the beautiful town of Spring Lake, New Jersey but I was raised in the even better city of Chicago, Illinois. I grew up in the musical theater industry working in the American Girl Doll theater for five years, starting at age 9. It was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I would love tocontinue with it and become some famous actress someday but lets face it... my timing kind of stinks and I have zero connections with directors. So I have decided to go to college. 
I started my college life out living at home and attending Lewis University. Here my major was international business management...what a joke. I was on their nationally ranked All-Girl cheer team as well as their awesome ocapella group, Hamonic Uprising (youtube them, we are pretty sweet). 
Well like most families mine has its struggles. I am going to refrain from giving much information about my family but we all know that no family is perfect. ... Well it turned out that staying at home just wasn't working out and I needed something new. 
Thankfully over the summer God had blessed me with an amazing boyfriend. He also just happened to be one of the most loving and gracious people I have ever met. So my journey across the country began. 
Destination: Utah




That's right I said it...UTAH. The place where movie mountains live. I currently am attending school here and would like to be an elementary education major. For right now I am living with boyfriend, in my own room, until I can find some new roommates who want to start our play house. Let me tell you, coming from a house of all girls into an apartment with two college boys....yea its a bit of a change but those stories are for a later date. 



So I am now a second semester freshman at a new school in a new state that I just moved to knowing a total of .... one. Slowly as classes have started my number is rising, thank goodness. This has not by any means been an easy transition, but I am happy with the decision I've made and I love my new home. 


No comments: