Sunday, March 3, 2013

Let It Roll


I don't know about you guys
But for me this past week was just plan awful

Monday and Tuesday weren't too bad
But as soon as Wednesday rolled around
It was like nothing was going right
{Ya one of those weeks}

I'm just going to channel in on one day
Because looking back the only think you can do is laugh about it
[and I'll admit it ... it's kind of funny]
____ _____ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____ _____

So I woke up Friday with the mind set that 
today was going to be awesome

I had gone to bed sick the night before 
but I wasn't feeling too bad when I woke up
{good sign I thought to myself}

So I get to school and couldn't concentrate on the stupid history movie at all
[AHDH at its best]
All I wanted to do was work on my study guide for the test Monday

A couple classes later and we are now in nutrition

I'm just bad in this class
Walking in the door makes me frustrated

I turned in my assignment
[for the fourth time]
And he finally approved it
i also made an appointment to go over my test 
because my "studying habits and class effort and not reflecting my grades"
Yes I think I realize this 
 and yes it is 
very frustrating

Well my last class gets cancelled
Hooray

I decided I wanted to go for a run
{to clear my head a little bit}
so I went to go pick up my prince's dog Ally

After searching all over for 20 minutes for her collar
I decided I would just buy her a new one

So I put her in the back seat of my car
{thinking i could just run the trails behind the store afterwards}
Grocery stores don't sell dog collars in Utah

I leave the store very disappointed
Even better though!
When I walk back to my car 
I find that Ally has just gone into heat
{all over my back seat}

I drive her back to the house
put her in the back yard
and grab some hydrogen peroxide

While scrubbing the blood out of the back seat I knocked over the peroxide bottle
{it's ok i thought it's just a little bit and everyone spills. I can buy him a new one}
Turning to get back in my car to continue scrubbing
I smack my head on the top of the car so hard that it sent me back and fell onto the concert

There I layed
[a total and complete mess]
Thinking ... "Seriously?! Only me!"
and then
I just burst into tears

{i cried for probably an hour}

But after talking to my prince and my Mommy
I realized that I really and truly am very blessed
{and yes being a "grown up" sucks!}
But sometimes I just need to take a step back and
Keep breathing

With that advice I took a quick nap
Changed my clothes
Made a weekend todo list
and started my day over

When I was little my mom used to always tell me to be like a duck
And just let things roll off and keep moving


Sometimes there really isn't anything else you can do
Just know that God wouldn't give you anything that He knew you couldn't handle
And we need to remember that He really is on our side


Love always
Lexi

Blazer and Skirt: H&M    Tank and Headband: Forever21     Tights: Ann Taylor
Sun Glasses: RayBans     Boots: Payless

1 comment:

Shea D. said...

Bad weeks SUCK.

:)