Monday, April 9, 2012

generation knits


Sweater: hand knitted by my amazing grandmother. Skirt: forever21 Tights: target


One of my favorite places to shop is my mothers closet. She is my inspiration in almost everything that I do. When  I went home for spring break one of the first things that I did was run into her closet and take a deep breath. There is just something about her smell that is just an instant comfort. My mom has 3 tons worth of big comfy sweaters, so I picked one that big and soft one and threw it on. When I came out my mom smiled and asked me why I picked that sweater. I just shrugged and said because it smelled like you. She laughed and told me that her mom, my grandmother, had wanted to learn to knit so she made this sweater as her first big project. My mom said the reason she took it from her mom was because it had smelled like her! I love this sweater so much, not only because it is all silk so naturally soft and cuddly, but because I know that my grandmother knit it and both her and my mother have worn it. I love that it is kind of lopsided and one sleeve is much longer than the other, it gives it character. I can't wait to pass it down to my daughter one day too. 

No comments: