Wednesday, June 27, 2012

happy days

Sweater:Playo'sCloset    Bralet:Forever21    Shorts:Forever21   Necklace:AmericanEagle    Bracelet:Grandmothers   Boots:Hightopleather-Bensimon


I hope you are all having a good week. Wednesday's are a funny thing, you can look at it two ways; "This week is never going to end. I still have two whole days till the weekend!" OR "The week is almost over! Only two more days till the weekend!" 
I hope you all are picking the second option. 

So much of our attitude and happiness that we give off, is based on how we see situations. Trying to see the world in a more positive outlook is something I've been really working on. Trying to be thankful and gracious for all my blessings, rather than upset and frustrated with all the things that I don't have or want.

 I saw this advertisement the other day on facebook and it really made me stop and think. 


Americans are known for being greedy. I don't know about you but that is not the way I want to be remembered at all! 
Next time you find yourself wanting to complain or lusting over something you know you can't afford, maybe putting it on a credit card and just letting the guilt hit you later. Remember these images. We are so rich and wealthy in just about every aspect of life. 

I know this is a lot easier said than done. 
This month has been super tight; possibly being out 1,200 dollars if I don't pass this class, paying rent, putting down a deposit for our new apartment, a trip to the ER that cost 200 just for walking in (plus the tests) because I'm not covered, gas money, food money, phone update, plan tickets home, buying a shuttle ticket. It's a LOT and super over whelming. Things add up soo fast it's crazy! Sometimes I feel like there is no way I am ever going to be able to pull things off. I can go in my room and just look at all the bills crying because I'm overwhelmed and feel like the world is ending (in honesty I have done this before), or I can be thankful that I have all the opportunities I do. I can give my best and that's it. At the end of the day I want to be happy and content with all that I have. Thankful for all the things that I can do that so many are not able and know that I am doing them all to the best of my ability. 

You are beyond blessed

So next time instead of whining .... worship. Give thanks for all the things you do have. Because trust me, it is more than you deserve. 

Love Always <3
Lexi

No comments: