Tuesday, July 3, 2012

feather fun

Skirt:forever21    KnirBlouce:Thrifted    Shoes:UrbanOutbitters

Being summer time, it's about that time where I'm getting ready to put my feathers back in my hair. I've been procrastinating because I keep telling myself I am going to get my hair cut ... I've decided I am going to get it trimmed, layered and such when I go back to Chicago in August. That way I can let the woman who's been cutting my hair since I was 10 do it {I will not trust anyone else touching my hair with scissors}

My roommate on the other hand. 
Well she decided she needed a hair cut so she just took out some scissors and ... *snip*
I looks way good too!! 
[I am not saying I would let her cut my hair, but she did an amazing job on herself]
She is also really into dying her hair. When I first moved in it was a light auburn color, then it went jet black, and now its like a dark brown with a purple tint in it. All of the colors looked really good; and yes she dyed them all herself. 
Well she decided she wanted to give herself purple highlights now.
So we went to sally's and bought some extensions and I helped her put them in for her. We went the cheap way though ... buying the clip in kinds, cutting them, using glue to bundle them, and then using micro beads to make them stay.
They look SO good in her hair with the purple tint to it. Her hair is medium length and thin so you can see them really well, but still easy to hide. 

She had some extra ones that she said I can use, so I decided to do purple high lights till I get my hair cut. Then I will put my feathers back in. I will try to get a picture of them tomorrow :)

Oh yeah! Two more exciting things! 
We made these amazing looking double dipped chocolate covered strawberries for the fourth! I had a picture I was going to post today but it got deleted when I did the software update for my new phone ... which I love!
Also 
*drum role please*
I passed my math class!! 
Not only did I pass though .. I got a B!!!! 
I am so excited and so proud of myself. I am also SO thankful for having such an amazing mommy and sister who helped me so much to get through it. My sister with the countless hours of skype dates we had, basically her reteaching me everything I learned in class. And my mommy for all the words of encouragement and support. 

So thankful and so blessed :) 


Hope you all have a great fourth!! 
Love Always<3
Lexi



No comments: