Monday, May 28, 2012

camping trip

Hello my darlings!!
So this weekend, for memorial day weekend, I went on a camping trip with Ryan and his family to Pangitch, Utah. Basically the farthest place you would never find a city girl. I got a little sick the first day because of the altitude and such, we were about 10,000 plus feet, but my body adapted pretty quickly. We did all kinds of fun things; four wheeling, fishing, camp firers, s'mores, shooting/hunting (I just shoot at targets not the animals), shopping, eating, and all kinds of games. It was SO much fun!! I have never seen so much free open space before in my life! It was all so beautiful and the air was so fresh. Being up so high though it stayed around 30-40 degrees during the day, colder at night, and it was super windy for 3 out of the 4 days we were there. We didn't let that stop us though! 

Now for you enjoyment 
a picture reel of all the beautifulness second hand



This is Toots, there wasn't room at the camp fire so she made her own spot

Nothing like small town handmade chocolate malt shakes
SO yummy! 


Fields were some of the old Indian tribes used to have their homes

Maria's dog Mazzy with mini  Mazzy on top of him ... super fiesty but very cute


so many layers because it was freezing!


target shooting 



Driving the Rhino and looking like a total G
hahaha just kidding, I was just trying to keep my ears warm and block the wind from my face
But I do look pretty thug if I do say so myself 





I wasn't kidding about the wind! Almost blew me right off the mountain!

After our two and a half hour four wheel ride up to the top of the mountain 

Ryan with his first fish of the day


Our days catches ... four of those are mine!!
and they aren't the smallest ones either!! 

 first time stream fishin ... working it like a pro 

action shot while on the Rhino


one of the views from the top of the mountain


one of the fishies I caught!


I made a fishing pole out of a stick! I tied the hook and bated it all by myself and started fishing!
Ryan said that it would never work ....

Proved him wrong! I caught a fish with my stick pole! :) 
How many of you city girls could say that?! 

collecting fire wood






I hope there will be many more camping trips to come!
Hope you all enjoyed my picture reel and had a great memorial day weekend! Leave your comments below and tell me what you did :)

Love Always <3
Lexi

No comments: