Thursday, May 31, 2012

God's wonders

Patience is definitely something I have been struggling with lately. 
I have been so immensely blessed though and can't believe some of the amazing things God has put in my life. I have an awesome new roommate who I've become close friends with, and we have a blast together. Currently we are looking for a new place to live because the place we are in just isn't cutting it, and our feelings about it are mutual. I think that God brought us here together though, when I really needed a friend ... He always provides. We have our eyes on a few different places. God gave me the skill to read people very well, even just over the phone. Though I do sometimes find myself being too trusting, I just want to believe that all people are nice and have everyone else best interest in mind. Very naive of me I know. While looking for a new place, we thought we had found the perfect one (super cheap and decently looking) but I was having very uneasy feelings about the whole thing. Good thing for google man! I found out that it was entirely a scam and we would have lost $500. 
No need to worry though, because God has other things in store for us. We are hopefully going to set up a meeting next week and get everything finalized for fall. It is a beautiful place and in our price rage...we just need to find one more room mate. This is a bit daunting but I have no doubt that it will work out. 
Also, after waiting for so long I finally got that job that I really wanted. I am not working in a retail store. FASHION! I love it! I have my first day yesterday and I know I can already say that I have pretty much the best job ever. My manager is such a doll and all the girls that work there are super sweet and didn't hesitate at all in welcoming me on to the team. I have a lot of learning to do still but I can't wait to get started and dive in head first. 

I wanted to share some pictures I took of the solar eclipse that happened a few days ago. Ryan and I were walking into Cafe Rio and these guys just gave us the special glasses and some space  blanket so we could actually look at it. It was so cool! It probably wont happen again for another 1000 or something years ... crazy right?! 
No fear if you missed it though! I think I got some really awesome pictures!
Later this month too is when all the planets are supposed to be in alignment. That will be really cool to see too (thought I am a bit nervous about all the effects the gravity pull is going to cause to natural disaster type things here on earth). 



The pictures are dark because we had to take them through the paper ... it was basically like taking a picture of the sun.



Love Always <3
Lexi

  

No comments: