Tuesday, May 22, 2012

new chapter

the loft

view from the loft


Alright well I am pretty much done moving! 
It feels good to have my own place, but my room is about the only place I am ever going to be. The rest of the house is kind of disgusting, There are no screens on any of the windows and the air conditioning is only a window unit that smells nasty when you turn it on. So there a lots of bugs. The kitchen is not any better. I scrubbed and bleached the floors the best I could but my roommate and I decided shoes are our best bet, even in the shower. We bought table clothes and cut them up so none of our stuff has to touch the rotting wood. Ryan sprayed bug stuff all over the house so hopefully that helps. The winter will be interesting too, seeing as my room is the only one without a vent. 
When all said and done my room is where I will be spending most of my time. I think it looks pretty fricken sweet! This room was put together with a total budget of ... $0.00!! 
Yup you heard that right folks! Living the true college life. Yeah buddy! 


 
I brought all my own furnishings, minus the bed, the dresser and big truck are from Ryan's old room that his mom gave to me.  


still a bit of laundry to do and one box left

Ryan's old futon mattress in the loft 




why yes that is a hammock hanging in my room
I got it on black friday at anthropology for like $20...STEAL! 
I didn't know what to do so I just swung it across. I think it actually looks kind of sweet




Well that's it! 
 Hope you enjoyed it, I would love to hear your feed back :) 

Love Always <3
Lexi




No comments: